Some of you may recall this very dramatic incident that took place in our home a few years ago. Briefly synopsised; Ab threw a major fit for smores which turned into a near death trip up a canyon and some police.
We've now become wiser.
This year we built a really cheap version of a fire pit in our backyard.
It's pretty easy to do: you dig a hole in dirt and add fire.
Ab mentioned after our inaugural event earlier this month, "Mom...I don't get why people spend all this money putting fancy rocks and stuff by their fire pits. This hole works great."
I think she's onto something, although if I had had the money, I would too love the fanciness.
Maybe that's why I'm always broke.
Regardless of decor...our family has sure had fun. Deak enjoys it sometimes, but isn't the biggest fan of the smoke and fire. Thankfully, our home and his favorite toys are just a few feet away. Abby thinks it is the coolest thing ever, and would build a fire out there every night if she could. Thankfully, she cannot...yet.
Part of living on less this past while has required us to think outside of our wallets a little. Although at times it has been a struggle, there are times like this that really prove the overused sentiment, "You don't need money, just love to be happy."
We may not have a lot of extra money...but, we really actually are happy.
And, I am happy to be in that place.
3 comments:
Love family moments like these! And that last picture of Deak.........PRICELESS!! Sorry times are tough for you guys too, it sucks doesn't it?! You need a shoulder to cry on, or better yet, a night out, I'm there!
No you don't need money!!! I have discovered that as well. Hailey is more interested playing in the dirt and rocks than on expensive toys anyway. What a great memory for your family!
Hey, at least you have a backyard!! I want a fire pit so bad, but it's just not happening in our 10x10 patio. I love the creativity. Such a fun thing to do as a family.
Post a Comment