Stress has been a prominent feature in my life the past few months.
Really super prominent.
My mind has drifted to places that I've not thought it should at my age.
When I imagine relaxation...I picture sand, waves, a nice breeze, and a cold beverage brought to me on a tray.
Perfection.
This year, it just is not in the cards for that type of stress reliever to be happening.
So, we settled on Park City - and were happy to accept an offer to stay in Blair's parents' timeshare condo for a few days.
The weekend we spent there just happened to coincide with our ten year anniversary. Ten. Years. Wow.
I dare say we've been through a lot in that amount of time, and am definitely certain that we are built strong enough to handle it all together.
Tough times bread solidarity in our home, which I know is a blessing.
We had such a nice time with our little family. We did the slides (yes...Deak did too...and LOVED the slide, but did NOT love the lift or the wait), ate at a couple of the favorite restaurants, watched some World Cup, and really just relaxed.
(Deak and his traveling toys and books)
(Mock Celebration of Abby's impeding birthday)
It was necessary.
We really did not want to leave when our time was up, and cherished the time we spent together. One truly understands the depth of meaning associated with quality time, when one has been faced with the idea of those moments becoming shorter.
I like to call it a wonderful place of acceptance.
4 comments:
Glad you got some nice rest, relaxation and family time! Looks like a very fun mini vacation!
Looks like fun! Love Park City!
Jealous, I need some family time! Looks like u guys had a good time
Looks so fun!!!! We are hoping we can get out there to use it next year. Looks like they have updated the condo since I've last seen it. Park City is always a great place to relax!!!
Post a Comment