Friday, December 17, 2010

Smile.


If this doesn't make you smile, I'm not sure what will.


Deak and his school bff, Indy, sure love each other.
It's a classic boy/girl relationship; Deak does crazy things like dancing while eating his snack...and Indy giggles and thinks he's so funny.


It is absolutely endearing.
Endearing all the way through to your soul.

Indy and Deak are connected with funky chromosomal changes (his the 18th and a ring, hers the 13th and a little bit extra), but I have a strong suspicion they would've found each other one way or another on this Earth.  Yesterday while I visited the classroom, Deakon's teacher even suggested that we (the mom's) exchange phone numbers so the two can have play dates.

Wow, play dates.
Now...that is an awesome, unexpected miracle.
Lucky me, I get those kind of miracles all the time.
Guess those funky chromosomes are worth a lot more than the world may think.

Speaking of Deak, he is amazing.
I've purposefully stopped creating lists of what he can/cannot do, because that's not what his experience is about. 
It took me a while to realize that. 
I do have to say that he is doing so well.
He is progressing steadily in his new private physical therapy (going from his knees to standing with minimal support...yay!!!), he is progressing with his infinite ways of communicating (signing being the fave for the moment, we especially love, "Touchdown"), and (knock on wood) he has not missed more than one day of school due to illness this entire first half of the year.

Miracles indeed.

I'm lucky to have his miracles by my side forever.

6 comments:

Kathy and Maddi said...

It makes me soooo happy!

Anna said...

HUGE smile on my face. Love it; thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

I too Smiled. Absolutely adorable! What a little blessing he is. Glad I can peek in and feel of the special example he is to all of us. It was so fun running in to you at the Festival of Trees. It turned out so beautiful.....thanks for letting me be a little part of it all! Merry Christmas! Hope you are well!

Allison said...

Friends... such a simple thing we take for ganted until... there haven't been any and it's been 4 or five years. The simple seemingly unimportant things in life become the most important and all the other things fade...

Alisha said...

I really hope Em's experience in school is even half of what Deak's has been.... for that we would be very blessed indeed :)

Jessica said...

Oh my word! That was the sweetest post ever. You made me cry. I feel very blessed to have Indie in such an incredible class with amazing friends and patient and loving teachers. Indie lights up every time I even say Deaks name. She kept signing more as we were looking through your blog. I love that they are besties! A play date is definitely in order.