1. I drove to my (now) routine neuro appointment at the U this morning. I enjoyed the drive; always loving any opportunity I have to play my own music and not the Black Eyed Peas The End Album for the billionth time (thanks Deak) (PS...Hallelujah that group just came out with another one. Deak needs it in his stocking.)
As I sat in my car, waiting for the light to turn green in between the Conference Center and Church Office Buildings, I began tapping my foot and mouthing lyrics to one of my personal faves: 30 Something by Jay-z.
I heart the lyrics to that song.
But, those lyrics may or may not include (many) words that may not be entirely appropriate while played at max volume as very sweet elderly people with missionary tags cross the street 15 inches in front of your car.
Being the opportune analyst that I am; I thought how that moment was a perfect representation of me.
I am the girl who plays a little Jay-z outside the church grounds and is completely okay with it.
I am okay with it because I know my heart is (usually) connected to the right things.
I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...it just is....me.
2. My husband and daughter laughed hysterically during a scene of Modern Family last night. The one where Cam brings out his guitar and sings Lily a song about biting. The very awesome and classic last line of that song is paraphrased as follows: "and as a side note...private parts are private." (I promise, very, very funny in context - watch the episode - I linked it above.)
Okay, so it's funny, I laughed...but, then my baby-thwarting husband said, "Oh....that is SO YOU." Which was promptly echoed by my daughter who uses all opportunities in life to jump on any wisecracking bandwagon that comes her way, "Ya mom...that is totally YOU. Private parts..ha.ha."
What?
So, maybe I'm a counselor.
So, maybe I like songs.
So, maybe I am a LOT paranoid of crazy things happening to my kids (comes with the territory).
So, maybe Abby has had the "private parts" talk since 15 months of age (Which, I might add came in mighty useful when Abby's Dora doll became a little bit of an extra special friend in the tub at two years old...if you know what I mean).
I'd like to still think I'm not a chubby homosexual man playing guitar to his adopted daughter.
I don't even know how to play guitar.
*For the record...a few weeks ago Blair purchased a U fleece pullover to wear to the FANTASTIC BYU-Utah game. He put it on, and Ab very decidedly announced, "Ah...Dad. You're wearing a girl sweatshirt just like the dad on Modern Family. People are going to laugh at you."
It was so funny I cried.
A little Jay-z and a little Modern Family; perfect recipe for a night of awesomeness.
3 comments:
We love Modern Family too! I swear I cry every time I watch because I laugh so hard. Great job on the tree--it looked beautfiful!
I also heart Modern Family. Hilarious! Great post!
Modern Family is the BEST!! A little Jay-z never hurt anyone either!
Post a Comment