Thursday, October 1, 2009

GNO


I love surprises.
One of my favorite memories from childhood is a time that my parents surprised my sisters and I with a trip to Disneyland. We were completely clueless until we drove inside the gates.

Blair and I decided it would be fun to surprise Ab with a Mommy/Daughter date to Miley Cyrus. We have known now for almost four months, and the suspense had been killing me. The morning of the concert I woke up at 4:00 and felt like a kid on Christmas morning.

On the way home from school I told her that I had something fun planned and we played a guessing game. Ab was stunned-in her cute, contemplative one-eyed look kind of way.
It was Abby's first concert, so I don't think she knew quite what it would entail. Abby asked me to curl her hair, and we headed out an hour later.





Miley rocked. She really does put on a great show. She had the flu, but I was really impressed with her ability to perform. Her brother (Lead singer of Metro Station) was a weirdo though. Abby wondered why anyone would want his sweaty shirt that he took off and threw into the crowd.
Ab has never been the screaming, jumping around, sing at the top of your lungs kind-of girl...so, I didn't expect much in that department. But, it was fun to see her light up and dance around. I'd even dare to say it was worth the $40 tee-shirt and $10 glow stick. Such a fun night to be a mom to a daughter...and a great excuse to see a good show.

5 comments:

Jane said...

You are the cutest mom ever!

Julie Hawk said...

What a fun surprise, for both of you! It is so much fun to have a girl ;)

Kathy and Maddi said...

I'm sure thats a memory Abby will always have. I think good, fun memories are so important for our children.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

FUN - I didn't know that she had no idea about it - SUCH a fun mom!!! I am trying to pull of the Disneyland surprise in December - we'll see if I can keep my mouth shut for it:)

Jess said...

How fun. I wanted to go and take my girls but, as always... I procrastinated and couldn't get tickets. Maybe next time.