Dear Ab,
Someday, when you are older, you might read this random collection of thoughts I have written. You will probably think I belonged in a nuthouse most days.
You will probably be right.
But, today...I want you to know, you are my everything.
Today was hard for me. My anxiety level has been through the roof with Deak being sick, and frankly today I wanted to pretend I didn't exist...just for a minute. I wanted to escape, and be sad, and feel hopeless.
You knew I needed space, and gave it to me. You were kind, helpful and responsible for yourself.
And then...after my mood had improved some, you told me you had spent the past hour or so cleaning your toy room. Spotless. You knew that would be the one thing that could lift me out of the hole I had put myself in.
It's all I needed.
And, even though you don't know now, it wasn't the clean room that made me tear up.
It was you.
Your sincere and thoughtful act of love for a mopey mom.
You may doubt lots of things in your life, but never doubt me.
You are so loved baby girl.
Love,
Mom
2 comments:
Like this tender and selfless act of kindness that Abby offered, some experiences leave us without the ability to actually express the love of family. A treasure of many treasures to be found in life. We are so very blest to have this life, our lives.
Don't you love that! Abby is such a sweetie, and she's knows how lucky she is to have such a fantastic mom!
Post a Comment