I have a love/hate relationship with May.
I LOVE the weather improving, flowers blossoming, and the impending signs of my favorite Summer...But, I hate the CRAZINESS that comes along with it.
Abby is a busy, busy, kid. I remember when she was a tiny little 5 lb baby...she just was never still. She hated the swing (too confining), and we had to rock her in a way that may have draped the edges of shaken baby syndrome. Abby was born to go, and hasn't stopped since.
So...due to the fact that Abby is Abby, and I am me...May has mostly consisted of driving, games, and recitals. And...she is not done yet.
Dance Impressions Dance Recital: Abby took a HipHop/Jazz Class at Dance Impressions in Bountiful this year and loved it. She thought her teacher, Hayley, was the coolest person to ever exist because she was a dancer in High School Musical 3 and has met Zac Efron. (I'm not going to lie, I think she's pretty cool too.) Overall, it was definitely the year she has loved the most. She was so cute to watch.
I love this picture, because Abby is telling Blair to "chip-chop" and hurry up with the picture.
Soccer: I am a crazy parent. I don't yell obscenities, but I do yell positive things...the whole game. It usually makes Deakon cry the whole time, which I don't really notice, but everyone else in Kaysville City Limits might. I have to admit though, Ab has really caught on this year and plays awesome. Yesterday, at her last game she stole the ball four times and carried it up the field, stopping just short of scoring each time. After, I asked her why she didn't shoot it, and she said, "my breath just ran out." Blair thought it was a cop-out...
Just Deak, enjoying the game/screaming at the top of his inconsolable lungs.
Abby loves to get in the middle of the piles of kids and steal the ball. She does pretty well at it, but tends to pull a few "Karl Malones" with her elbows.
In the midst of all this, Abby decided she really wanted to try out for competitive cheer leading. I let her, because she has been begging since she could talk (Thanks Maddi). But, I kinda thought the classes wouldn't begin until September (It 2x a week for 2 hours in Bountiful). Nope...it began in MAY. So, she has began cheering on top of her Dance, Ballet, Soccer and Softball. Tee ball and Ballet extend through June, but thank goodness we have made it through Soccer and Dance. Now, she isn't quite sure what to do with her free time, being as she is only involved in 3 activities.
Two Good Mentionables about Abby in May:
*1: She took time out of her crazy schedule to make me this homemade gift on Mother's Day. It was so sincere and sweet of her. I just love it when she is affectionate. Although, she has caught on to that, and is now trying to say things like, "Mom...I love you and you're so pretty. Can I stay up and watch Hannah Montana?"
Ever the manipulator.
*2: We had a MAJOR crisis one evening when her blankie was nowhere to be found. My friend Lisa gave this blanket to us when she was born, and Abby latched herself onto it. It is so tattered and torn, but not a night goes by that she does not sleep with it. It has become even more co-dependant since we took her binky away at oh 3 1/2 maybe...:)
Anyway...Abby had worked herself up into such hysterics that I thought she was going to throw up. She kept saying, "How will I ever live without her?? (Apparently her blanket is female). After a good hour or so of looking, Blair losing patience, and my heart breaking for her, we found it in the backyard on the deck. Apparently Abby had taken it with her to play.
Anyway...Abby had worked herself up into such hysterics that I thought she was going to throw up. She kept saying, "How will I ever live without her?? (Apparently her blanket is female). After a good hour or so of looking, Blair losing patience, and my heart breaking for her, we found it in the backyard on the deck. Apparently Abby had taken it with her to play.
(Swollen red face and her treasured blankie)
This night helped me to see my Abby as the little girl she really is. She is rarely vulnerable or genuinely and non-dramatically upset, and she was truly devastated. Blair thought it was maybe time to take the blanket away, and I disagreed saying that I never will take it from her as long as I live. If Abby wants to take that blanket with her to Medical School to be a "Baby Doctor" she is more than welcome. I will hand deliver it. He didn't argue much about it after that. I doubt he wanted to fight Abby and I together in our crazy hysterical tirades.
14 comments:
Oh that is so heart breaking. What a sweetie.
Abby is so cute! I love the chip chop picture.
Too cute. Isn't it sad when they get so upset over something? Our hearts break for our children. They are adorable.
My Will won't sleep without his "blankie" either. The swollen eyes look all too familiar.
Yeah and I'm jealous about her teacher too!
Are you bummed Zac Efron isn't doing Footloose, because I totally am.
Glad you found your blankie, if its ever gone for good I'll make you a new one.
I am so glad you watch Conan last night, and appreciated his charm. Thanks for your support.
Go Abbie girl!
way to go abs. what a superstar. and a superstar mom too!
when is our next outing. there are some chick flicks out that i am sure john would love to pass on...
:)
way to go abs. what a superstar. and a superstar mom too!
when is our next outing. there are some chick flicks out that i am sure john would love to pass on...
:)
Our next outing couldn't come fast enough. Deak has been sick, and although I love him...after three days, I am losing patience!!!!
Next week I am a free woman - no work. Let's plan something. I'll text you soon.
Jenny your stories are hilarious. I LOVE that "snap snap" picture of Abby! What a cutie! Glad to know there are fellow soccer mom's out there who may or may not cheer a bit too loud :)
whoops! I meant chip-chop, not snap-snap :)
I love her dance pictures, she is so beautiful! Those eyes, it's the eyes. Wow, I thought I had it rough the last little while, but you win! :D
We love you Babs and your blankie!
Post a Comment