I see pictures of cute kids getting along and playing together on blogs all the time, and to be totally honest, sometimes it has made me sad. One of my deepest worries, and something I don't admit too often, is that Abby won't be able to establish a "typical" sibling relationship with Deak. I worry that she will just take a "caretaker" role with him, and miss out on the bond that only siblings can have.
In typical Deakon and Abby style, they are proving to cause me a bunch of sleepless nights for nothing.
A few examples why:
*Deakon regularly hyper extends his hip (dead serious) in the car just so he can kick Abby.
*Abby thoroughly enjoys eating and walking very slowly in front of Deakon - when she knows he can't have what she has.
*A few weeks ago, my Dad took Ab shopping at Toys R Us. The first thing out of her mouth was, "Deakon doesn't get anything right?"
*Deakon will take any opportunity possible to pull her long hair. (And then laugh really, really hard).
Those are things that might make most Mom's cringe, but they make me smile.

This is truly just a simple picture of two cute kids getting along and playing...but, I just might sleep a little better tonight.
(By the way, the two of you who read this blog might be getting a little sick of me. I apparently have a little more time when I don't work.)
9 comments:
We could never get sick of your blog. It is pure enjoyment for me while in Europe and Jake is asleep early! I feel like I should pay ya for the free entertainment. I think I like you being out of work. :)
(I'm one of the two right?!! Ha Ha!!)
Sounds like normal kids to me! Just remeber no matter what type of relationship they have, there is no better gift you could give a child than a sibling!
There is no negative in the blessings that your children are and they both truley are blessings for so many different reasons and to many to list. They are forever blessed with your's and Blair's guidence and example, never discount that knowledge. P.S. HAPPY ANIVERSARY JENNY AND BLAIR
I love your blog too! You are a very entertaining writer1 and I love this post of your kids. I have a feeling that you are going to have a lot more pleasant surprises:)
Your kids really are cute together. At the pool, is all Abby wanted was for Deakon to get wet. It was really cute to watch them together. Thanks again for inviting us. We had a wonderful time!
I'm pretty sure I've witnessed very normal sibling rivarly between your kids. But then again I only have my kids to compare to.
LOVE the new look for your blog!!! I never get sick of your blog...you are a wise and wonderful person and I enjoy knowing you and reading your thoughts. This is cute! I love it! Take care! Amber
You're too good of a mom to not be lucky enough to be blessed by sibling bickering, hair pulling, & pure sister/brother torment! Don't you worry! Cute new blog background!
Funny - what Deak and Abbs do - sounds just like my kids, and I think they are playing - is hitting and fighting not playing?
Post a Comment