Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Top Ten.



There are a few moments that I consider when thinking about my "Top Ten" moments in life.  The births of my babies, my first date with my future husband, and Abby's recent Festival of Trees creation in honor of her brother. 
This day, May 14th 2011, will go down in my little personal history, as one of those moments.  Those moments that seem to clarify and project exactly the reason one has for living.

It was amazing.  I'm not sure I've ever felt as supported and loved as I did in those moments.  Family and friends just stepped up and helped.  My dad drove around half the state hunting down red t-shirts, my mom helped and pretty much put together over 200 race packets, my sister Nikki took over 200 pictures to help document the day, and my in-laws helped register and time race participants. Family friends sponsored large amounts of money to help cover the costs of the t-shirts and medals (West Coast Engraving and Benson's Trophies).  My amazing neighbors and church group showed up at 6:45 on a Saturday morning just to help me.  I had friends, some of whom I've known for over 20 years, plan together to come support me.  I had friends from work past (Holla Youth Corrections) and friends from work present.  I literally had people drive and fly hours to be with my family.  I've even had strangers send me emails about how wonderful the "feeling" they experienced that morning was, and how they are excited to support us year after year after year.  To put it simply, I have been floored at the outpouring of love.  Absolutely floored.  I have amazing people in my life. Amazing.

A few highlights (like I said, I have 200 pictures:)...

My Burg...known her 20 years.

My Mom and Dad

Abby, amazing and comfortable with her "Big Sister Supporter Role" like always.

Cousins, waiting for the action.

I am happy despite having 13 chins in this picture.

I love this picture:)

The Sea of Red

Awesome Friends.

Friends all the way from Junior High and High School.

A, Ash and John

Deak signing "Thank you" to the crowd.

Loving that the mass of over 200 just sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

Chilling and watching the runners...

Doing their own "finish line" walk.


Deak loved clapping for the runners as they crossed the line.  Many people stopped share some love with him.

Deak and his Indie (bff from school), she loves to kiss him.

Cori was instrumental to this day...so extremely helpful, all on her own accord.  We love her.

Me and Nik

Mad and Deak

Kel and Deak

The Peter's Family drove from Provo to support us, we loved having Em and her family there.



Marilyn and Craig (Blair's Parents).

For more details about the day, including a video, click here.
As mentioned on our Run for Hope blog, I am forever changed by this day.  So happy that my boy gets to share his life with me; watching him impact others the way he does is a daily dose of needed inspiration in my life.
I am so blessed.

5 comments:

Candice said...

It is truly amazing how great the event turned out. You and Deakon (and your entire family and those who helped) seriously ROCK!! A big thank you from another Chromosome 18 family!!

Camille Hammond said...

When I showed Robby my shirt, he made some comment about, "Too bad they picked red. I bet they did that on purpose!" I'm glad it went so well, and I hope you can take this next weekend off!

Alisha said...

We loved every moment of it as well. I hope Em and Deak will continue to share special moments like this throughout their lives. We're so elated the whole thing was such an enormous success.... ecstatic!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Allison said...

inspirational!!! Maybe one day...

Jess said...

We were out of town and so sad we missed this amazing day. Amazing. Happy Birthday to Deak!