Friday, August 14, 2009

Deak is a Star.

This is a copy of the preview for the documentary Deak is featured in. If you look closely in the beginning, you will also see cute Ab in the group shot.

Rick and his organization, Positive Exposure, are the meat behind the film's premise. He is an amazing man and is doing work that will change lives. He has photographed Deak the past three years, and we treasure each picture he has taken of both of our kids. We are blessed to know him.

The producer of the film is nominated for an Emmy this year for her work in a film about the genetic component to Breast Cancer. She was amazing - and is amazing for making a film devoted to redefining our definition of beauty. What do you know - maybe she will return with another nomination for this one next year?:)

Can't wait to see the whole piece...Stay tuned...

*To learn more about Rick's work, or to donate to his cause click Here or visit my link list on the sidebar and click on Positive Exposure.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Okay - so I just cried, what a wonderful amazing man he is. I don't usually go for documentaries, but this will be a must see for me. How fortunate you are to have someone like this come into your life! By the way, Deak is so dang cute, in pictures or real life, one look and you're hooked. Just ask my Maddy, she fell in love with him when I was there.

Ashley C. said...

Jenny, WoW! That was really neat to watch! And not only is Deak a star, but you are too! I think it is great what that man Rick is doing. Good for him, trying to make a difference. And I think it is great what you are doing, making a difference as Deak's mom. You are educating the rest of us along the way, and teaching us all to open our hearts more!

loves.

Saunders Family said...

Wow. That really was amazing. It brought me to tears. You are such a strong, amazing person Jenny and I just love you!

PS: Those pics of Deak are adorable!! He is a cutie.

o said...

WOW! What an amazing guy. I love seeing the good things going on in this world. Those pictures of Deak are so cute!
We miss you guys!

Pandy said...

How long has it taken for someone to bring this message to the public!!!!

This was beautiful. I plan on sharing it with my classes.

You all are beautiful ...and look like star!

I want to meet this man.

Pandy said...

This was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I LOVED it!! Deak looked amazing and you are wise beyond your years. What a great thing Rick is doing! I would like to show this to my high school classes as well. Thanks so much for sharing and I too, would love to meet this man.

this is Kelly from Mom's computer.

Nikki said...

I can't wait to see the full version. You have talked a long time about how neat this "guy" was and how he took great pictures, I see now what you mean. Its easy to take a great picture of Deak but this guy puts his soul into his work and thatws what makes it extra special. Its reasons like this I wish I had money so I could donate it. Love ya!!!

Julie Hawk said...

The movie seriously looks beautiful. What an incredible idea and what amazing pictures. I would love if a film like that would win some awards!

Chad and Tenaya said...

Nice work. This was really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow - that was SO inspiring and amazing. What an amazing guy. And I agree, you and Deak are both stars. I loved your interview.

Burnham Family est. 1998 said...

You are such an amazing mom. I admire how you devote everything to being the best mom anyone could ask for. You looked GREAT! Deak is one of the happiest boys I've ever seen. You are such a neat person :)