Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dear Abby,

Could you PLEASE...

*... refrain from attempting to show your entire class the very anatomically correct parts of your High School Test Baby during Show and Tell? (I wondered why I had a phone call at home from her teacher last Friday - no message though...hmmm...how would that have gone? Good thing her teacher has a sense of humor.)

*...maybe attempt another phrase when asking Maddi and her girlfriend "What the Hell they are doing?"

*...cut down on the chit chat, and take longer than five seconds to complete your work in class? (I know you're smart...just try to make it at least look like you're attempting to accomplish something other than figuring out what game you are going to play at recess during class.)

*...think of something other than..."Well, you feed me" - when asked on a school assignment what you like best about your family.

*...choose another book, other than The Trip (aka...the 1st book in the 1st grade series of books - basically those are the only words in the book) as your favorite.

*...and then, when asked by your teacher during Parent/Teacher Conferences why The Trip is your favorite book; say something other than, "Well, it's the shortest."

OH....and did I mention I am the school counselor at her school?

Yes, I love this girl, but I am not sure where she came from.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, that is just hilarious!!! You are going to have fun with this one!! Remember to appreciate her "strong will" when they times are tough. I have always heard that the girls we are sent in these days are stronger than before....that's for sure!!I think Bailey will be ther very same way, many stories to share!

Megan said...

This is too funny! It's those students who say the unexpected things that the teachers like the best :)

Natalie Winquist said...

The thing about Abby that I love the most is that she totally tells it how it is! her answers may not be totally pc- but hey- they're honest! i need to just put it out there like that sometimes!