Friday, November 7, 2008

And the ending gets better...

This could not have been written any better if it were a Hallmark Special.
After therapy at Shriner's this afternoon, Ab, Deak and I came home, and I checked our messages. Abby's teacher had called to let me know that I would find a note in Ab's backpack from "B." She said that after we had come into the class with Deakon, that "B" came to her with eyes full of tears and said,
"Teacher, I think I did something mean."
Abby's teacher said that he said he "felt really bad" and wanted to say he was "sorry." She said she was amazed because this change of heart had come with no adult prompting; she hadn't talked to "B" specifically, nor had she spoken with his mom. Abby's teacher then guided him to writing the following note:

ABby I ym soRe for makeg you feel bod. I wot to be YouR fed. fRom "b"
I asked Abby if she was going to be his friend, and she smiled and said, "Yes!"
What an unbelievable lesson for me to learn. Although this was a little painful in the beginning, I have been taught from these little children in ways I will be forever grateful for. This little Deakon of mine has power beyond his control.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Nothing to say but...WOW. Children will never cease to amaze us.

Melanie Bingham said...

That makes me cry!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I love happy endings. Deak has taught B the most important lessons in life: love, acceptance and empathy. Deak is amazing.