Friday, May 30, 2008

"I am a Graduate."

Ab had Kindergarten Graduation this past Wednesday, and made sure anyone she was around knew she "was a graduate."

Abby had also predecided that many of the actions during the songs were "beneath her." She sang every word to every song...but only did the cool actions. When the poor kid next to her got kind-of excited doing the actions, she turned and looked at me and rolled her eyes. So proud.




Abby's teacher asked all the kids to pause and smile for their parents when they got their diploma...They all obeyed so nicely, except Ab. She booked it pretty fast. Fast enough that all the parents laughed. So, I had to sneak in this picture of her with her fantastic teacher, Mrs. Hoffman.



To top it off, Abby recieved a medal that she will keep all her elementary years at Heritage Elementary. The students are able to earn pins to place on the ribbon for academic excellence, citizenship, and even running at recess.

My Abby came home and promptly put her Zac Efron High School Musical Pin on the ribbon. She has definite priorities.
(PS - I already know I don't win "Mom of the Year" for the photos. They pretty much suck. I forgot the memory card, and my iphone camera broke, and I didn't bring my video camera like all the other dutiful parents...so I am lucky to have these.)

3 comments:

Tami Harris said...

Congratulations Abby! Enjoy the summer, because it's going to be all day next year!! :)

AJ Gorham said...

Congrats Miss Abby! You a such a beautiful girl. And Jenny....you are a great Mom! Aj

Nikki said...

Congrats!So Abby I can just picture the whole event!