Friday, April 29, 2011

Hell Has Broken Loose.

How's that for a title?
It just felt right, considering the only other title I could come up with in this moment included another four letter word that would've dismissed me from Sunday school for life.
(Then again, maybe not a bad thing...)

Right now I have many thoughts.

"Seriously?" being the most prominent.

and, for some reason when I think of the phrase, "Seriously?" in my head it is automatically associated with Meredith or Izzy or Alex on Grey's (anyone else experience this?)

I digress. 
A package of hostess donuts, sugar-free Red Bull (to balance out the sugar filled donuts), and a diet Pepsi within the same hour I'll assume will do that to one's thought processes.

Our ceiling crashed in last night (the basement ceiling).
Yep, at the house we don't get to live at right now.
Yep, the one that is 6 years old.
Yep, at the house that currently has a big black line through it on our state department of transportation's new highway plans, indicating it's fate is doomed.

that one.

Short explanation:  random kitchen pipe fitting came loose, water went everywhere (and I literally mean everywhere), renters did not turn off the main for at least an hour, and half of our house is s.o.l.

after receiving a couple frantic phone calls from our renters at 3:20 am, we pulled into our/their driveway and saw water coming through our foundation in our garage.

and then it got worse.
And worse.

I have no choice but to pretend it is/was a dream. I am working right now, I have kids and I have a run to direct.

disaster clean up is cleaning our home and tearing down walls and ceilings, and I am medicated the best way I know how:
sugar and denial.

It's a lovely combination.

...on a positive note...it is Abby's dream in life to have Extreme Home Makeover build us a house. She watches that show each Sunday and often states, "mom...we should get one of these. we have Deakon and we don't have a house and we need that stuff."

So, Ty, if you read this....we'd really appreciate it if you could stop on by and check out our latest catastrophe and see if it'll work?
Thanks.

I wish I could say this was the worst of it.

the end.

4 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

You are kidding me!?!?! What can I do to help? Maybe I should bring more sugar - so sorry....

Alisha said...

This is shit Jenny (hope I won't get you kicked out of Sunday school for that!... could have said worse!).

All I can say is, I'm so sorry :( Let me know if I can help more with the run since you have other things to do... PLEASE let me know!!

Melanie B said...

oh Oh oh Jenny I've had this happen to me twice. Two years ago at this house and once at the cabin. I am soo sooo sorry. It sucks!!!!! The good news is actually you don't live there at the moment. And disaster clean-up is heaven sent! It's a pain in the butt to coordinate and an extra 'thing' you don't need right now but usually they are quick and efficicient.

Jane said...

Unbelievable! Can't a girl catch a break?