I'm teaching relaxation strategies to my darling students at work this week.
We are working on visualization, muscle constriction/release and breathing deeply.
"In through your nose for four seconds, out through your mouth."
I will say that phrase quite realistically 50 times today.
Thankfully...
I need the reminder.
I attempting to do my best to hang on to those hope and perseverance traits I've become so dependant on these past few years. I think perhaps I've relied on them a little too strongly because it feels as if the soft threading is slipping through my fingers.
I'm not going to tempt karma and format our struggles into a whiny, self-depreciating list.
Although, I'll say for the record that I'm certain we've hit our quota of major life stressors happening simultaneously.
So, for today -
I'm dangling from my tattered cloths of hope, putting a smile on my face, and going to work.
Fighting tears.
But, I'm here.
And, I am breathing.
7 comments:
I read what is happening on FB - crazy, and insane!! Are they actually going to tear the homes down?? What is going on?? I am SO sorry - as if you need another stressor - EVER!!! Thinkin' of you...
I read what is happening on FB - crazy, and insane!! Are they actually going to tear the homes down?? What is going on?? I am SO sorry - as if you need another stressor - EVER!!! Thinkin' of you...
Jules,
It is insane.
And yep...View Crest Lane is done. There are "three" alternative routes and in all three plans, View Crest Lane is demolished.
So, essentially we own a home with literally zero value, and get to pay a mortgage on it for the next couple of years. It's like throwing money in the trash.
But, what do you do? We don't want to kill our credit.
Sucks.
Jenny, I'm so, so, so sorry! I just wish I had a magic wand sometimes, so I could make everything all better. You guys lived in such a nice neighborhood, I can't believe they're just going to throw it away like that. Are you guys going to move back in, or try and have someone rent still? I really just wish that none of this was happening for you :(
I'm sorry. What a mess! Like you need anything added to your plate. I'm glad you are breathing... hang in there.
Jenny, I wish I lived by you! I just read 8 posts at once and I feel really bad that I check so infrequently lately! The comment I was going to do isn't right now that I read the other comments. I'm sorry! Just wanted to know that I love you guys!
I don't know the right thing to say. All I can offer is that I hope once this is all said and done, you'll know that everything happened for a reason and it will turn out best in the end. That, and at least you have each other!! That's all I got. Oh, I can send a virtual (((HUG)) too!!
Post a Comment