Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010



Although I am not quite sure of the reasoning, be it age or the fact that I am working a little more outside of the home this year, but for whatever reason...I truly have enjoyed every second of the Holiday and the time I've spent with my family.

My kids are just at great ages. Ab is turning into this awesome mature young girl, and Deak is discovering new ways to be independent every single day.

To sum it up...I just feel very content.

This past Easter weekend was wonderful. I love when Easter weekend and our General Conference weekend coincide. There is just something so special about hearing the words of my Prophet while sitting with my loves. We shared the time with family, celebrated my gorgeous mother's birthday and I even continued a tradition of making a yummy orange-honey glazed ham. I am most proud of this tradition because it is one of the few that I have began with my little family. Abby even asked if "we were going to have the ham this year."
A few of the Highlights:
Howe Easter BBQ and Hunt

Gma Payne's Birthday

Egg Dying

Easter Zhu's Zhu's (Deak tried to steal them...and has continued to, all week!)

Easter Morning


Payne Fam Easter Hunt and Dinner


(Yes, I needed my bangs cut...desperately.)
He LOVED putting eggs in his basket. His first year to do it independently...it was lovely. I cried lots.

Abby loves these butterfly nets...Blair thinks they can be used as a weapon more often than not.

I mean, how could one not have a great time? What an awesome weekend.

3 comments:

Kathy and Maddi said...

It was a fun week. Love all the new traditions.

Jane said...

Holidays look so much more fun with kids!! Love Ab's Easter outfit.

Hyde Family said...

Uh, could your family be any more beautiful??!!