Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A couple weeks into it...

Oh...the nights I have spent half-awake in worry, hoping that my little (big) boy I have spent most waking moments with since birth would not feel abandoned at my abrupt departure into the world of school counseling. The guilt...

Only to discover - he is ready. And okay. And a really, really, happy and good kid.

In fact, last week, every afternoon when I came home, I was serenaded for hours with, "MaMaMaMaMa...I La La La Ya." The most beautiful husky monster-voiced song I have ever heard. Man, I needed it.

So, Deak's cool...just wish I could say the same for me...

If I could only get my bathrooms to clean themselves, groceries to magically appear with bright yellow labels instructing me to cook them for dinner, and my poor body to respond with the vigor of a sixteen year old - I would be freaking set.

2 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I knew he'd love it - that little cutie!!! If you find how to get those groceries and how to cook them - let me know:)

Melanie Bingham said...

Yay for Deak! Good luck with you! My cute kids had white bread and top ramen for dinner tonight....call me captain nutrient!