When it's late and we're alone, Abby will usually let me hold her. In those moments, which are becoming rare, when I look down at her beautiful eyes, sometimes I still see my baby. My first one. The one who opened my eyes as to what this life is really about. The one who came so early, just because she couldn't wait, and hasn't stopped since. Abby loves it when I call her my first baby...she knows that spot is hers and hers alone. All the hoopla and attention that sometimes surrounds Deak cannot take away the fact that she was mine first. She was my first love, my first tummy kiss, and the first tiny body to take my breath away.
Even though I mention Abby's spunk and stubbornness a lot, lately especially, she has really been growing up. She is so full of unconditional love for her brother, and tries so hard to include him in everything she does. I am so proud of the way she treats him and others, and know her kind heart will take her to all the right places in this life.
Today my first baby is seven and I can hardly believe it. SEVEN? Sounds so old...I feel like the past seven years I have let get away from me too quickly.
Happy Birthday First Baby Girl.
(Yesterday, after dressing Deak in his new school shoes, and giving him one of her backpacks, she decided to read him a book we have about getting ready for preschool. She decided she's going to "read it to him every day, so he's ready." She also let me know I needed to stay with him the first day, and give his teachers a list of things he "does" so they would know what to do. She's just a little protective...He's pretty thrilled, as the pictures show, and loves Abby more than anyone in this world.)
8 comments:
I lOVE Abby's eyes. I'm sure I've already told you that before. They are to die for. It's funny the other day I looked down at Easton and instantly reverted back to remembering his look as a baby. It's so heart warming when that happens.
I agree with the first born - I mean they really do just have a special place in our hearts! Happy Birthday to your Abby- she's so cute!
Happy Birthday Abby! Your a special Granddaughter, as you are our first grandchild also. I'm so proud of you and all you do. I love you!
Love Grandma
She is growing up to be such a beautiful girl! The three year old picture reminded me of her when she took gymnastics. I miss working with her at flips. She was always so brave even when she was scared to try something new. Abby always conquered her fears and ended turning it into talent. Happy Birthday Abby!
Happy Birthday Abby! I, too love those beautiful eyes of hers! You are such a fantastic writer. So sweet! I wish I could put into words that I feel like you do.
The time you spend with your first one is priceless. Your right, it is theirs and theirs alone.
Happy b-day Babs your loved by all at our house!
That picture of Abby reading the book to Deakon is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I agree about the first baby thing, nothing like it.
Post a Comment