But, it just happens to be a representation of what I have become...
OLD!
You can't kid yourself into thinking that the shirt does not look like something your grandmother might wear. It is pretty; it has flowers, it's purple, and it is loose and forgiving of any extra cupcakes.
The problem is, I like it. I even wore it. And, I'll wear it again.
So, if that's not further proof to document my age - this might be....
Actually, they really were. They decorated my doorstep at the crack of dawn, took me to lunch and a movie, gave me lots and lots of candy, and spending $ for the mall.
I was so spoiled by them, and it meant a lot to be remembered.
My very nice husband also let me sleep in, made me breakfast, gave me a new purse, and kept my friends' endeavors secret. He got to spend time with the rascals, while I tried to forget my age.



My parents and sisters made my day with their "blog posts" for me. They were all so sweet and thoughtful, and I feel so blessed to have them all around to protect me.
On the other hand, my dad called to wish me a happy day, and told me not to worry, I wasn't that old because I was born "a middle aged woman."
So sweet.
My parents took all of us to Texas Roadhouse (again, I know, I like it) and I got to sit on a saddle while the entire resteraunt yelled "YeeHaw!"
My parents took all of us to Texas Roadhouse (again, I know, I like it) and I got to sit on a saddle while the entire resteraunt yelled "YeeHaw!"
It made Abby's life complete to see my face red; Deakon did cry for me though.
I then got to eat yummy cake and icecream and open gifts. 


The entire day was awesome, and it helped an old lady feel pretty special.
And...just when I thought I was still maybe, a little young - The Relief Society President in my Church called to ask me to teach a lesson on "Mothering" for her in church. In my mumbling and trying to get out of it, I said, "Well, don't you think I am too young? There are a lot of more experienced people don't you think?"
Her reply, "Oh NO NO NO. You are plenty experienced."
I guess she saw me in my purple flower shirt last week.
I guess she saw me in my purple flower shirt last week.


13 comments:
I am glad you had a great 30th birthday!! You are still young and I hope 30 is a great year!!
We are all there with you! Chris fell apart on his 30th last year thinking he needed a new truck. It didn't happen. Happy Happy Birthday! good luck with the Mothering lesson maybe you can pass me some tips! We love you!
I personally like the shirt, seriously. And if anybody can teach a class on mothering and how to do it well, it's you...no matter if you were 20 or 50!! Happy Birthday!
Dang my poster looks good. Did you love the huge gum balls...they kept rolling of the porch and it was so freakin cold and frozen I was sure every step was going to wake up the whole neighborhood
If you think you are old, what does that make me?? :)
Welcome to the 30's!!! LOVE your UTE cupcakes - did you make those?? Glad you had a good b-day, and I actually thought that purple shirt was cute - is that bad?:)
Love the shirt.
Love the other purple shirt.
Love Texas Roadhouse.
Love that you sat on the saddle.
LOVE your Bill's comment.
Love that you are 30 before me.
Love that you had such a great day.
LOVE YOU!
I guess I was going to say your Dad...that is what getting close to 30 is doing to me:(
I would totally wear that shirt. But, I am older than you, so that might not be a good thing. :)
Happy Birthday! I love that shirt! I think it is pretty. My sister-in-law wore it to a party the other day and looked great in it. She is a little older than me.
I feel your pain on being 30. Gravity is starting to pull down in places it shouldn't!
I like your old lady shirt too. Now we need a picture of you in it! Happy 30th.....what fun friends to decorate your porch and such.
You are too funny! Love your post, I am approaching it next, month!
Post a Comment