Monday, April 7, 2008

I Love Conference Weekend

I guess it should just be "assumed" that I love General Conference Weekend for the actual conference itself. It is true, I do. I really enjoyed seeing President Monson speak for the first time as Prophet of our church.

But, I have to admit there are other, less religious reasons I love General Conference Weekend also.
  • There's no need to stress out about staying up late or getting the kids to bed on Saturday, because there is no church to attend, or Primary class to teach.
  • I can sleep in...kind-of. If I prepare ahead, and turn my TV on to PBS Kids or Noggin the night before - Abby can waltz right on in and turn on the TV herself without waking me up completely. I can also wheel Deak's highchair in, put an inhumane amount of food on it, and let him sit and watch the shows with Abby. Oh - and earplugs. Good, construction-grade, no high pitch squeaky cartoon voice allowing ones.
  • I don't have to cook or plan meals. Yesterday I ate eggs (thanks to Blair who delivered them to me in bed with the kids), 2 sugar cookies and a diet Mtn. Dew for lunch, and pizza and gummi bears for dinner. I think my kids ate the same.
  • Clothes are overrated. Although I did feel a little uncomfortable watching conference in my actual "g's" so I put on some sweats.
  • I finished my Tivo'd season of Friday Night Lights, watched August Rush with Abby (really good, predictable but good), and Season One of Office Space. I also got the kids in bed in time (which wasn't hard considering that they hadn't been out of their pajama's all day), to watch Dexter. (Which I will not officially recommend because it is about a serial killer. But, if you are not squeamish, it is really, really, good.) (My favorite line from last night, "I can't kill my therapist yet because I need another session.") Sorry, I've wandered.
  • Held my babies, listened to Deakon mimic everything everyone said, only using the sounds "ah" and "na," (there are a lot of words that only use those sounds actually -think about it) and last but not least, woke up today feeling really relaxed.

I wish conference were every other week.

2 comments:

Tami Harris said...

Your new layout is adorable!! I'm getting tired of mine, but I don't think I have the patience to change things around again. We'll see! I'm looking forward to tomorrow, let's kick some volleyball butt!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

You seriously crack me up!!! Your posts are sooo funny. I have been reading through them, and laughing out loud:)